Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birdy Bag / Lintulaukku

I told you earlier about my tests with marker and that I then had to incorporate drawings in almost anything I was making, right? Well, this is one of those projects. I had crocheted a hat for myself of a very thick Mambo yarn (70 % wool by Novita) and then I ended up with some odd length of yarn I wanted to get rid of. So what  I did was to crochet some more looped crochet. But this time it didn't turn out to be a hat but bag handles instead.

I had been sewing things for my older daughter for a while so I made this bag with my younger one in mind. I had some simple white fabric so I decorated it with some flowers and a bird (yes, I see that I draw too many birds and flowers and almost all of them with same colours!). Then I cut the lining from a velvet fabric matching the handles. So in theory this bag can be turned inside-out and it would still look ok. I sew both of the fabrics on top of the handles. It was almost too thick for my sewing machine to handle but it turned out better than I had feared.  The other side has a drawing of a blue bird and roses, so not too much differense there...


Kerroinkin aikaisemmin tekstiilitussitesteistäni ja siitä, että sen jälkeen piirtelin vähän sinne sun tänne melkeinpä pakonomaisesti. Tämä on yksi niistä piirtelyprojekteista. Olin virkannut itselleni pipon paksusta Novitan Mambosta (70 % villaa ja kutittaa kyllä päätä), ja jäljelle jäi hassu pätkä lankaa, josta piti päästä eroon. Että mitäkö tein? No virkkasin vähän lisää suljettua tuubia, mutta siitä ei nyt ihan riittänyt pipoksi vaan aikoastaan laukun kahvoiksi.

Olin vähän ajan sisässä ommellut useampia juttuja isommalle tytölle, joten tein tämän pienemmälle. Piirtelin lintuja ja kukkia valkoiseen lakanakankaaseen (niinpä, taas kukkia ja lintuja...) ja leikkasin sisävuorin kahvojen kanssa yhteensopivasta vakosametista. Teoriassa laukku on siis käännettävä. Ompelin kankaat kahvojen päälle, ja vähältä piti, ettei kone stopannut, mutta kyllä tämä nyt kuitenkin vähän paremmin onnistui kuin mitä pelkäsin. Toisella puolella on sininen lintu ja ruusuja, joten ei kovin vaihteleva kuviointi tässä bägissä.

This post was linked to
Osallistun linkkikemuihin:

giveaways

1 comment:

  1. The bag looks nice, birds and flowers are beautiful motifs to use on almost anything.
    Two-sided bag is also very clever, this is how I have many of my jackets and bags, too. Versatile, right?

    ReplyDelete